Of course we would love to be able to fish for free in New York state, unfortunately that is not the case. it may help to know that the money you spend on your New York fishing license goes towards the protection and habitat development that will ultimately maintain the sport for generations to come.
In addition, New York License fees help pay to sustain and grow the existing fisheries of New York. Fish hatchery management, habitat development and endangered species programs, education, lake maps and other materials, are all valuable tools to the New York fishermen that need to be funded in order to survive.
New York Fishing licenses can be obtained using the link(s) below.
- New YorkFishing License Information
- Buy Your New York Fishing License Online
- Lifetime Fishing License for New Yorkers
- All anglers 16 years of age and older must have a valid new York fishing license in their possession while fishing in the state of New York.
New York Fishing Regulations
Do you know what fishing laws apply in your state? Find out more by using the information links below.
- Freshwater Fishing Regulations
- General Freshwater Angling Regulations
- Saltwater Fishing Regulations
- Shellfish Harvest Limits